Thursday, November 5, 2009

Time for a new Banner on Etsy...

I like to use my own photos to create eye catching and unique shop banners. But this can be challenging when Etsy stipulates that banners can only be 760 x 100 pixels. this is relatively small, and makes being creative a tad more challenging.



The above picture is one of my new items in my shop. this picture is unedited, but I love the design, background contrast, and think that retouching it can really make it a great focal for my shop.

first I modified the exposure, then cropped the file down to a similar size to which etsy allows.




Then I added my shops name and cropped it a final time to meet etys requirements:



What do you think of the new banner?

Like the earrings shown here? view them at my shop: Tarragon Earrings

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I should try something similar with my own jewelry photos instead of my goofy image that's up now!

    Good inspiration, and great photo manipulation!

    ReplyDelete