Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Items...Sometimes take a while...




I have been working on getting new items in my store, and sometimes, what SEEM should be simple enough, isn't....or at least it's more complicated than you might anticipate.

My new earrings, Merlot, are hand formed and hammered sterling silver hoops, wire wrapped with grade AA Garnets. But wire wrapping is slightly more tricky than I thought it would be. I had the darnedest time not deforming the hoop, and evenly distributing the gemstones was another challenge too.

BUT after what seemed like 10 times as long as it should have taken, I have these gorgeous earrings to show!! I know with each new pair I make, it'll get easier and easier. Learning to do new things can be challenging, but in this case, it's worth it:).

No comments:

Post a Comment