Monday, November 9, 2009

Getting Serious

Part of jewelry making depends on having the right equipment. For the last 6 months that I have been selling on Etsy, I have had a scarce budget and have improvised in order to make the items I am creating. Slowly over time, I have been picking up things here and there, but today I made a significant purchase, and really, it's silly, because it's not an overly expensive piece either! I bought a bench block, hammer, and earwire guide!

These items are going to seriously affect what I am going to be able to create! I am so excited. Today I experimented with copper wire, it's beautiful and versitile, but also much less expensive than sterling silver wire, so practicing with it is great, less pressure to make it perfect the first time;)





These experiments actually turned out kinda cool! What do you think? Are they list worthy? I am going to keep practicing for now. Maybe pretty soon I will be confident enough in them to list them on Etsy...

1 comment: